Thank you for checking out our Employment Opportunities page at Christian Fellowship Church. We are currently hiring for a Minister of Music and Young Adults position (note this is one full-time position broken into two main roles). If you are interested in applying for this position please read below and then submit your resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com. Please do not attempt to contact the office or staff regarding the status of the position. We will contact you for next steps. Thank you for your interest!
MINISTER OF MUSIC AND YOUNG ADULTS
MINISTER OF MUSIC ROLE
(approx. 25-30 hours per week)
The Minister of Music will be a man who will:
- Provide leadership for all music-based ministries.
- Have a deep love for the Lord, His Word, and His people as well as a deep love for music and the vital role it plays in congregational worship.
- Oversee all the musical, audio, and visual aspects of the Sunday morning worship services, as well as look to develop the musical/worship aspects of our ministry.
- Ensure that each worship service is centered on glorifying God and is executed in a way that involves the congregation’s participation in meaningful and authentic worship of God.
- Possess a fundamental competence in the ability to read, interpret and lead with excellence the performance of a variety of musical pieces typically used in worship services. Formal training is not essential but is preferred.
- Lead a band well by coordinating musicians, exercising discernment in song selection, and being able to effectively use Planning Center (or similar software) for planning the entire service.
- Lead with joy and excellence vocally and provide a confident leading instrument.
- Able to thrive in a team-based environment.
- Create and sustain a strong volunteerism by recruiting and training new volunteers.
- Maintain a pastoral presence and an ability to engage the hearts of people through music and words.
- Ensure that the music ministry is in alignment with the church’s vision and philosophy of ministry.
- Plan worship services around the Lead Pastor’s preaching themes.
- Engage people in worship via a variety of ways (songs, hymns, offerings, prayers, readings, drama and multi-media).
- Lead the two weekly Sunday (Contemporary) Worship services at 8:15am and 10:45am as well as recruit and provide competent leadership for the Traditional service at 9:30 AM.
- Organize and lead weekly worship team rehearsals.
- Recruit, train, and schedule volunteer instrumentalists, vocalists, and worship leaders.
- Recruit, train, and schedule volunteer sound and video techs for the broadcast of the 8:15 service.
- Foster good communication and a strong sense of community within the worship ministry team.
- Participate regularly in staff meetings.
- Participate in the planning and execution of special services like Thanksgiving Eve Praise Service, Christmas Candlelight Service and other special services in communication with the pastoral staff.
- Assist with the procurement of song leaders/sound techs/etc. for funerals or other special services.
- Assist the children, youth and young adult ministries in the employment of music ministry.
YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY FACILITATOR ROLE
(approx. 10–15 hours per week)
- Oversee and develop relationships and programs that will attract, evangelize and disciple single men and women, ages 18-25.
- Be a voice to young adult leaders as they oversee the development of this ministry.
- Lead/facilitate small groups of young people well.
- Assist pastoral staff as needed with other duties.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
- Preferably married and between the ages of 30 and 45.
- At least 2 years of experience in a worship and young adult ministry leadership capacity or the equivalent experience in another setting.
- Possesses a high degree of emotional intelligence (i.e., self-awareness, self-management, social-awareness, and social/relational management).
- Able to work well with and be an enthusiastic leader of teams.
- Able to work productively without close supervision.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- In full doctrinal agreement with CFC.
- Fully committed to the mission, vision and values of CFC.
- Exemplifies the qualifications of an elder (1 Timothy 3:1–7).
- Maintains a consistent and meaningful devotional life, both personally and with his family.
- Models a passion for the lost.
- Exemplifies personal integrity in all areas of life, including maintaining healthy boundaries with the opposite sex and employing effective means of personal accountability.
- Listens well and offers wise counsel for the situation.
- Exudes warmth and compassion.
- Maintains appropriate discipline and organization in life.
- Exhibits appropriate humility, being aware of both strengths and weaknesses and continually working on their improvement.
- Possesses an enthusiastic and cheerful disposition.
- Possesses at least a four-year degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, preferably with seminary training.
- Exhibits a love of learning by regularly seeking opportunities (books, articles, podcasts, seminars, conferences, etc.) to improve his understanding of Scripture as well as maintain best practices for ministry.
BENEFITS FOR THIS POSITION
- This is a full-time position with salary commensurate upon experience. We provide a robust benefits package including medical insurance, retirement contributions, and short-term/long-term disability.
Christian Fellowship Church
New Holland, Pennsylvania – United States
Church Size: 650-750
Christian Fellowship Church is a non-denominational Bible church located in a small rural community that is just east of Lancaster, Pennsylvania. We are a Bible-believing church that is devoted to scriptural teaching, worship, and community. We are truly a church for the whole family with vibrant ministries for all ages.
If you are interested in the position of Minister of Music and Young Adults, please read our full doctrinal statement on our website at cfcnewholland.org. Some of our distinctives include the affirmation of the eternal security of the believer, cessation of the sign gifts, a pre-tribulational rapture of the Church, and the premillennial return of Christ.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The phrase “Building a community with Christ to impact a world without Christ” describes our philosophy of ministry. It is our desire that our efforts at teaching and equipping be part of a broader strategy of truly impacting our community and world for Christ. Throughout the year we seek to create many opportunities for the congregation to invite the community to engage in our ministries and activities. We also constantly encourage our people to share their faith as they go about their lives. Over the years we have been privileged to send many from our church to serve the Lord around the world.
Christian Fellowship Church (CFC) was founded in 1971 by a group of families that left a local Mennonite church over issues of doctrine and practice. They were greatly influenced by Lancaster Bible College and sought to establish a ministry that was committed to a dispensational approach to understanding the scriptures. Over the history of the church, CFC has remained committed to a robust preaching and teaching ministry, a well-attended adult and children’s Sunday School program and a comprehensive ministry to adults, youth and children.
CFC is also very committed to the cause of world missions. Besides partnering with a number of local parachurch organizations, CFC dedicates more than 25% of its overall budget to foreign missions. Currently, our typical Sunday morning on-site attendance is 500+ along with online attendance of 100+ views per week. Our Lead Pastor has been at CFC for 14 years. In addition, we have a Pastor of Adult Ministries (37 years), Pastor of Outreach & Connections (1 year), a Youth Minister (3 years), and a Director of Children’s Ministries (11 years).
CFC is an elder-led congregation. Seven elders elected from the congregation for a three-year term along with the Lead Pastor direct the ministry. The pastoral staff reports to the elders monthly and works together closely to address the needs of the ministry.
CFC is located thirty minutes outside of Lancaster, PA, about an hour from Harrisburg and Philadelphia, and about two hours from Baltimore. New Holland is a town of 5800 people, surrounded by numerous small towns and small farms. Local employers are in the manufacturing and food production industries, and there are several large retirement communities nearby. The region is a significant tourist destination, largely due to the local Amish community. Many in the congregation are small business owners as well as workers in industry and healthcare. The church is in sight of the local high school which has about 250 students per graduating class. We also draw students from four other surrounding public school districts, four private schools, and we have quite a few who homeschool.
We are blessed with good facilities including a full-sized gym which was added in 1999. In 2012 we added an Adult Learning Center that is heavily utilized for a variety of adult ministries. In 2018 we completed a 13,000 square feet Children’s Addition and in 2019 we remodeled & repurposed our Adult Fellowship Hall building. More recently, we doubled the size of our main kitchen, while also expanding & remodeling the youth ministry area.